Sunday, July 19, 2009

Currently reading for the nth time: Jane Austen's " Pride and Prejudice "...



:inlove:" My affections and wishes have not changed, but one word from you will silence me forever. If, however, your feelings have changed, I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on."...
--Mr. Darcy






***
Lizzie and Mr. Darcy

***



Elizabeth Bennet: And that put paid to it. I wonder who first discovered the power of poetry in driving away love?

Mr. Darcy: I thought that poetry was the food of love.

Elizabeth Bennet: Of a fine stout love, it may. But if it is only a vague inclination I'm convinced one poor sonnet will kill it stone dead

Mr. Darcy: So what do you recommend to encourage affection?

Elizabeth Bennet: Dancing. Even if one's partner is barely tolerable.




***
Of Men

***


Mary Bennet: The glories of nature. What are men compared to rocks and mountains?

Elizabeth Bennet: Believe me. Men are either eaten up with arrogance or stupidity. If they are amiable, they are so easily led they have no minds of their own whatsoever.

Mrs. Gardiner: Take care, my love. That savors strongly of bitterness.






:anongnangyari:Praying someday...you'd be mine.




No comments:

Post a Comment